Veal and Asparagus Bundles
- 1 lb veal scallopini (approx. 4 pieces) #28257
- 4 asparagus spears, blanched #18100
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese #20781
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper #14030
- 4 thin slices, prosciutto ham #29260
- 24 small sage leaves
- Arrange one slice of veal on a clean work surface.
- With long side facing you (the piece sitting horizontally), arrange an asparagus spear in the bottom third, closest to you.
- Sprinkle with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the Asiago cheese and sprinkle with one quarter of the pepper. Roll up.
- Wrap a piece of prosciutto to fit over the veal, arranging six small sage leaves in between the prosciutto and veal; secure with six toothpicks at regular intervals.
- Repeat process with remaining pieces of veal and ingredients.
- Heat grill to medium and grease. Arrange veal rolls on greased grill, turning, until grill marks are on all sides and veal is cooked and cheese is melted; about 3 minutes per side.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Slice each roll into 6 pieces.
- Makes 24 pieces.