Duck and Mushroom Crostini
Crisp crostinis are topped with creamy mushrooms and smoked duck to provide an elegant and tasty appetizer.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 pkgs (8 oz each) wild mushrooms (cremini, shitake and oyster mushrooms), finely chopped
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- Pinch pepper
- ½ cup (125 mL) cream cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped roasted red peppers
- Half artisan baguette, sliced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 King Cole Smoked Duck Breast
- In nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium high heat and cook mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper for about 12 minutes or until no liquid remains.
- Stir in cream cheese and cook, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in roasted red peppers. Set aside.
- Brush baguette slices with oil and toast in 400 F (200 C) oven for about 10 minutes or until light golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt. Let cool.
- Heat small skillet over medium high heat and sear duck breast, skin side down for about 5 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Turn and reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Remove to cutting board and thinly slice breast on a diagonal.
- Spread mushroom mixture onto toasted baguette slices and top with sliced duck.
- Makes about 24 pieces