- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 6 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp each ground cumin, dried oregano, dried basil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (optional)
- 1.5 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cups roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups frozen corn
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot on medium, heat olive oil and then sauté onion and celery until softened.
- Add spices and sauté for five more minutes until mixture is fragrant.
- Add ground turkey and sauté until meat is cooked and slightly browned.
- Add roasted peppers, beans, tomatoes and tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add corn and simmer for 15 more minutes.
Great with pita chips and a dollop of sour cream or a sprinkle of shredded cheddar! Makes approx 12- 1 ¼ cup servings. Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.