- 2 tbsp butter #44110
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tart apple, chopped
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour #09125
- 1 tsp mild curry powder or curry paste #13940
- 1/2 cup turkey stock or chicken stock #02891
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey #32862
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed #36102
- 1 eggs, beaten #33520
- 1 tbsp milk #44141
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion, celery and apple, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add flour and curry powder; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in stock; simmer until thickened, 4 minutes. Remove to bowl; let cool.
- Stir in turkey and chutney.
- Cut puff pastry sheet into 6 squares.
- Place about 2 oz filling in center of each.
- Beat egg with milk; lightly brush pastry edges with some of the mixture.
- Fold in half diagonally and seal.
- Place on parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and filling. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.)
- Lightly brush turnovers with egg mixture.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven until golden and puffed, about 25 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Great as a lunch special, with a salad!
"Turkey is one of the most versatile meats to use up as leftovers. Besides making a great sandwich or soup, try a casserole or a cold salad. Using spices and sauces to reinvent your turkey can be fun. Here are a couple of recipes for your leftover turkey."