Bacon Wrapped Bratwurst
- 4 bratwurst
- 3 (12 oz) cans light beer
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- Poke bratwurst several times with a small fork, and place into a saucepan with the beer.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bratwurst from the beer and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and place a wire rack on top.
- Toss the brown sugar and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cut each bratwurst into three pieces, wrap each piece with half strip of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
- Toss the bratwurst with the cayenne mixture to coat, then place on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the bacon is crisp, 25 to 35 minutes.