Salmon with a Homemade Grain Mustard Crust
Quick and simple is always welcome in the kitchen. This recipe is perfect for any restaurant. It offers a healthy choice with a simple mix of flavours. Recipe compliments of True North Salmon Company.
- Four 6 oz (180 g) Salmon Portions #40306
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) ground brown mustard seed
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) sea salt
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) ice wine or sweet white wine
- 2 tsp (10 ml) finely chopped shallots
- 2 sprigs tarragon
- 2 cups (500 ml) boiled, sliced potatoes
- 4 cups (1 l) spinach with a dash of pepper
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) mustard vinaigrette
- Combine mustard seed, chopped shallots and tarragon. Then add the ice wine.
- Spread over the top side of the salmon. Place salmon, skin side down, in a large fry pan on medium heat until the bottom is cooked a third of the way through. Then broil for 3-7 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Mix the potatoes, spinach with the dash of pepper, mustard vinaigrette and sea salt.
- Place the potato salad in the center of the plate, then place the cooked salmon on top and serve.
PROFIT POTENTIAL per MEAL
Approx. Cost - $4.92
Suggested Sell - $13.99 - $15.99
Profit - $9.07 - $11.07