Info Links for the Food and Foodservice Industry
|Appetite for Books|
|Barbara-Jo's Books To Cooks|
|Bonnie Slotnick Cookbooks|
|Kitchen Arts & Letters|
|Kitchen Witch Cookbooks|
|Rabelais – Fine Books on Food and Drink|
|The Cookbook Stall|
|The Cookbook Store|
|CPMA - Canadian Produce Marketing Association|
Food Service Recipes and Info
and have not been tested by Findlay Foods.
Please use your discression!
|Asparagus||Michigan Asparagus Board, a recipe for soup for|
|Instant Potato and Beans||From Basic American Foods recipes for 50|
|Potatoes||Washington State Potato Growers|
|Vegetables||Norpak lots of fresh veggies recipes to download|
|Chicken & other Recipes||Tyson food service recipes 24-50 size range.|
|Fruit and Nuts:|
|Avocado Recipes||California Avocados, food service recipes but not too large.|
|Grapes||California Grapes, a nice variety of recipes|
|Kiwi Recipes||Kiwi Info and Recipes|
|Pears||Pear Bureau Northwest, a few recipes.|
|Prune Recipes||California Prunes,80+ large & fat reduced high fiber recipes|
|Raisins||California Raisins, recipes for 80 servings|
|Baking & Baking Formulas:|
|Bakery Formulas||Progressive Baker, breads and pastries|
|Baking Formulas||Pastry Chef Central, pizza, rolls and much more|
|Blueberry Formulas||Baking with blueberries recipes for 100 or so|
|Chocolate Recipes||Hershey's Chocolate Recipes, just a few recipes here.|
|Flax Bread Formulas||Flaxseed Council of Canada|
|Berry Recipes||Oregon Berries, raspberry and blackberry recipes|
|Eggs||American Egg Board, recipes to serve 24|
|Eggs||Canadian Egg Marketing Board several recipes for up to 24|
|Honey & Sweets:|
|Candy Recipes||Peters Chocolate big recipes for candy|
|Honey||40 recipes with a golden touch|
|Seafood & Fish:|
|Fish||Alaska Seafood, large quantity recipes|
|Grains & Vegetarian:|
|Beans & Rice||Indian Harvest, small and large recipes including a vegetarian burger|
|Lentils & Peas||US Dry Pea & Lentil Council, for 24, they look yummy!|
|Soy Enhanced Meals||United Soya Bean Board, 8 large main meal recipes|
|Vegetarian||3 recipes to serve 100 and possibly more recipes|
|Italian Polly-o Cheese||Several recipes for 50 servings|
|Kikkoman||A variety of foodservice recipes|
|Mediterranean Olives||Mediterranean Lindsay Olives, lots of recipes for 24 servings|
|Large Serving Recipes:|
|Ellen's Kitchen||Recipes for 25-50 and lots of tips, some breakfasts|
Recipes by Gina - Recipe of the Moment
Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup warm water (110 F/45 C)
- 2 (.25 oz) packages active dry yeast
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup raisins
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Warm the milk until it bubbles, remove from heat.
- Let cool until lukewarm. Dissolve yeast in warm water, and set aside until yeast is frothy.
- Mix in eggs, sugar, butter or margarine, salt, and raisins.
- Stir in cooled milk.
- Add the flour gradually to make a stiff dough.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for a few minutes.
- Place in a large, greased, mixing bowl, and turn to grease the surface of the dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth.
- Allow to rise until doubled.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle 1/2 inch thick.
- Moisten dough with 2 tablespoons milk.
- Mix together 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cinnamon, and sprinkle mixture on top of the moistened dough.
- Roll up tightly; the roll should be about 3 inches in diameter.
- Cut into thirds, and tuck under ends.
- Place loaves into well greased 9 x 5 inch pans.
- Lightly grease tops of loaves.
- Let rise again for 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until loaves are lightly browned and sound hollow when knocked.
- Remove loaves from pans, and brush with melted butter or margarine.
- Let cool before slicing.