Info Links for the Food and Foodservice Industry
|Appetite for Books|
|Barbara-Jo's Books To Cooks|
|Bonnie Slotnick Cookbooks|
|Kitchen Arts & Letters|
|Kitchen Witch Cookbooks|
|Rabelais – Fine Books on Food and Drink|
|The Cookbook Stall|
|The Cookbook Store|
|CPMA - Canadian Produce Marketing Association|
Food Service Recipes and Info
and have not been tested by Findlay Foods.
Please use your discression!
|Asparagus||Michigan Asparagus Board, a recipe for soup for|
|Instant Potato and Beans||From Basic American Foods recipes for 50|
|Potatoes||Washington State Potato Growers|
|Vegetables||Norpak lots of fresh veggies recipes to download|
|Chicken & other Recipes||Tyson food service recipes 24-50 size range.|
|Fruit and Nuts:|
|Avocado Recipes||California Avocados, food service recipes but not too large.|
|Grapes||California Grapes, a nice variety of recipes|
|Kiwi Recipes||Kiwi Info and Recipes|
|Pears||Pear Bureau Northwest, a few recipes.|
|Prune Recipes||California Prunes,80+ large & fat reduced high fiber recipes|
|Raisins||California Raisins, recipes for 80 servings|
|Baking & Baking Formulas:|
|Bakery Formulas||Progressive Baker, breads and pastries|
|Baking Formulas||Pastry Chef Central, pizza, rolls and much more|
|Blueberry Formulas||Baking with blueberries recipes for 100 or so|
|Chocolate Recipes||Hershey's Chocolate Recipes, just a few recipes here.|
|Flax Bread Formulas||Flaxseed Council of Canada|
|Berry Recipes||Oregon Berries, raspberry and blackberry recipes|
|Eggs||American Egg Board, recipes to serve 24|
|Eggs||Canadian Egg Marketing Board several recipes for up to 24|
|Honey & Sweets:|
|Candy Recipes||Peters Chocolate big recipes for candy|
|Honey||40 recipes with a golden touch|
|Seafood & Fish:|
|Fish||Alaska Seafood, large quantity recipes|
|Grains & Vegetarian:|
|Beans & Rice||Indian Harvest, small and large recipes including a vegetarian burger|
|Lentils & Peas||US Dry Pea & Lentil Council, for 24, they look yummy!|
|Soy Enhanced Meals||United Soya Bean Board, 8 large main meal recipes|
|Vegetarian||3 recipes to serve 100 and possibly more recipes|
|Italian Polly-o Cheese||Several recipes for 50 servings|
|Kikkoman||A variety of foodservice recipes|
|Mediterranean Olives||Mediterranean Lindsay Olives, lots of recipes for 24 servings|
|Large Serving Recipes:|
|Ellen's Kitchen||Recipes for 25-50 and lots of tips, some breakfasts|
Recipes by Gina - Recipe of the Moment
Phyllo Asparagus Spears
- 24 asparagus spears #18100
- 6 sheets frozen phyllo, thawed #36108
- 3 tbs of melted butter
- cooking spray #13615
- 12 thin slices ham prosciutto - (about 6 ounces) #29260
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese #20690
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Steam asparagus, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a colander to cool.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on a work surface (cover the remaining phyllo with a damp clean towel).
- Brush lightly with butter.
- Cut into 4 rectangular pieces.
- Cut the asparagus spears down to 4 inch lengths.
- Place 1 piece of prosciutto on each phyllo rectangle, lining up along 1 short edge.
- Arrange an asparagus spear over the prosciutto, letting the tip lay beyond the top edge of the phyllo.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan (I like it more than most).
- Roll up and secure the edge of the phyllo with butter, if necessary.
- When rolling, leave the asparagus tip unwrapped about one inch.
- Wrap foil around the exposed asparagus tip so it doesn’t burn.
- Arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake until phyllo is golden brown, about 5-10 minutes.