Crab Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 8 boneless 8oz chicken breasts
- 8oz cream cheese, room temp.
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- ½ tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 10oz crab meat all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs, slightly beaten
- 7 cups dry Italian style breadcrumbs
- seasoning salt and pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp oil
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, minced onion, parsley, dill, garlic; mix well to combine.
- Add in the crab meat; season with salt and pepper, mix to combine. Cover and chill for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut a slit horizontally through each chicken breast creating a "pocket".
- Divide and stuff the stuffing mix evenly between each breast.
- In a shallow dish mix together the bread crumbs, seasoning salt, pepper and parmesan cheese; mix to combine.
- Coat each chicken breast in flour, then dip in eggs, then coat with the bread crumb mixture to coat COMPLETELY.
- Melt the butter with oil in a heavy skillet, then carefully brown the chicken breasts for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Place in a buttered baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for about 30-35 minutes in a 350°F oven or until the breasts are cooked through.