Chili Con Carnie
Chili con carne is a great chili recipe that can be served on its own or over pasta or rice for an even heartier winter meal. Garnish with a spoonful of sour cream or shredded cheese.
- 1 lb lean ground beef #22375
- 1 can black beans, drained #01520
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained #00540
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans #02136
- 15 ounces tomato sauce #00735
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes #00718
- 15 oz can green chiles
- 6 cloves garlic, minced #87135
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped #87023
- 1 med. jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 large onion, chopped #87040
- 2 tbsp olive oil #13731
- 3 tbsp chili powder #13900
- 1 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar #09603
- 3 tsp dried oregano #14015
- 2 1/2 tbsp. ground cumin #13938
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice #13850
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon #13920
- Place oil in a large stockpot and heat to medium heat. Add ground beef, and cook while stirring until the meat just loses its red color.
- Add green chiles, garlic, red bell pepper, jalapeno, and onion to the meat. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in chili powder, brown sugar, oregano, cumin, allspice, and cloves, Add tomatoes and tomato sauce. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add black beans, pinto beans, and cannellini. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.