"The customer experience" is so important for repeat business and word of mouth advertising.
You can settle for a satisfied customer who will come in once a month or a "wowed customer"
who will think of you and return the next time they decide to eat out.
There are 7.3 million visits to restaurants daily in Ontario.
People are eating out...but are they coming back to your place?
Ordinary acts that you do everyday can be made extraordinary with a little thought.
Simple things that will make your customers remember you and your restaurant
and make them want to come back.
Tips on how to WOW a customer:
- Engage them! (It's all about them)
- Big smile..."We have been expecting your Mr. and Mrs. Powell, I have reserved your favorite table for you! or "So glad to see you again Paul, since you said you might be in town today, I asked the chef to prepare your favorite soup!"
- Create a memorable experience (something that makes them feel special and noticed).
- Pull out their chair, offer to hang their coat or open their menu for them, remember their name.
- If they are first time guests, let the owner/manager know so they can introduce themselves and invite them back!
- Come over with their usual drink order, without them having to order it.
- Extend a compliment, notice it they had a hair cut or if they are wearing something out of the ordinary.
- Offer complimentary newspapers in the morning for your customers to read.
- Invite them back! (a reason to return) - Personally invite your guests back to see you.
Recipes by Gina - Recipe of the Moment
- 6 chicken breasts - boneless #59779
- flour as required #09125
- 100 g butter - salt free #44115
- 275 g onions - chopped #87035
- 35 g paprika #14020
- 150 g diced tomatoes in juice - tinned #00695
- 35 g tomato puree #00730
- 450 ml boiling water
- 20 g chicken base paste No MSG #02891
- 2 bay leaves #13875
- 225 g celery - sliced #87016
- 125 g green peppers - sliced #87022
- 10 g garlic chopped #05225
- 225 ml cream #44166
- 4 ml lemon juice #10262
- freshly ground black pepper to taste #13877
- Cover chicken with flour.
- Melt 50 g of butter in a pan and fry chicken until golden. Set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in a saucepan, add onions and fry gently until soft and golden.
- Sprinkle on the paprika and stir in.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic puree and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring well.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour water over chicken base and mix well.
- Add stock, bay leaves,celery and green peppers to pan and bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to pan and cover with the lid. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and the chicken.Pour the sauce into a food processor and blend until smooth. Return chicken and sauce to the pan and heat through.
- Stir in cream, lemon juice, and serve.
- Serves 6.