THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE, STEP BY STEP!
Customer service is the invisible product that creates customer loyalty and higher profits. Enhance the dining experience by training your staff to have a one on one relationship with every guest. This will create repeat business.
- Acknowledge the guest within a minute of them being seated.
- SMILE : ) So simple, it takes 1.5 seconds, and nothing makes a guest feel more at home.
- Make small talk with your guests to make them feel more at home and get to know them.
- "Where are you from?"
- "Wow! I really like you earrings or tie."
- "How are the kids doing?"
- "How about this weather!"
- Ask to take their drink order first, while they are deciding on their meal.
- Order the drinks from the bar and deliver. By this time they should have decided on their meal.
- LISTEN carefully to get the order right and to help suggest items on the menu. Guests appreciate suggestions when they can't make up their mind or if they are not familiar with your menu.
- Repeat the order back to the guest to make sure it is correct, and let them know they made a good choice. Guests like to hear this and this also enforces the fact that they will enjoy their meal.
- Take out any condiments the guest might require, before the meal arrives.
- Take out the starter or appetizers and observe if drinks are getting low. If so, ask if they would like another.
- Clean away appetizer plates.
- Bring out the main course.
- Remind them to leave room for dessert and suggest a dessert of your choice at this point.
- Ask them; "Is there anything I can get you before you start our meal?"
- "The two bite rule" After about 2-3 minute or two bites check on your guest to make sure they are enjoying their meal.
- When they are finished, hand them a dessert menu and clear away dirty plates.
- Return to ask if they have decided on a dessert and if they would like coffee of tea or anything from the bar. Take order.
- Deliver dessert and drinks.
- When you see they have finished dessert, ask if they would like anything else. If not, prepare bill and deliver to table promptly. Inform them of payment methods and THANK them.
- Take payment, and inform them on upcoming events or just invite them back.
- "Thursday is wing night, you should come in and try them.
- Our guests love them!"
- "I really enjoyed serving you! Hope to see you soon."
- "We have a coupon for a $2.00 off lunch in this weeks paper, you should look for it. It's a good deal!"
"SMILE : ) SMILE : ) SMILE : ) All the time!!!"
"Listen carefully and write orders down if you can not remember."
"Higher guest checks and better service means more tips for you!"
"Do not waste steps: if you just took an order from one table and walking by another that is dirty, pick up dishes on your way."
Recipes by Gina - Recipe of the Moment
Phyllo Asparagus Spears
- 24 asparagus spears #18100
- 6 sheets frozen phyllo, thawed #36108
- 3 tbs of melted butter
- cooking spray #13615
- 12 thin slices ham prosciutto - (about 6 ounces) #29260
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese #20690
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Steam asparagus, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a colander to cool.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on a work surface (cover the remaining phyllo with a damp clean towel).
- Brush lightly with butter.
- Cut into 4 rectangular pieces.
- Cut the asparagus spears down to 4 inch lengths.
- Place 1 piece of prosciutto on each phyllo rectangle, lining up along 1 short edge.
- Arrange an asparagus spear over the prosciutto, letting the tip lay beyond the top edge of the phyllo.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan (I like it more than most).
- Roll up and secure the edge of the phyllo with butter, if necessary.
- When rolling, leave the asparagus tip unwrapped about one inch.
- Wrap foil around the exposed asparagus tip so it doesn’t burn.
- Arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake until phyllo is golden brown, about 5-10 minutes.