Info Links for the Food and Foodservice Industry
|Appetite for Books|
|Barbara-Jo's Books To Cooks|
|Bonnie Slotnick Cookbooks|
|Kitchen Arts & Letters|
|Kitchen Witch Cookbooks|
|Rabelais – Fine Books on Food and Drink|
|The Cookbook Stall|
|The Cookbook Store|
|CPMA - Canadian Produce Marketing Association|
Food Service Recipes and Info
and have not been tested by Findlay Foods.
Please use your discression!
|Asparagus||Michigan Asparagus Board, a recipe for soup for|
|Instant Potato and Beans||From Basic American Foods recipes for 50|
|Potatoes||Washington State Potato Growers|
|Vegetables||Norpak lots of fresh veggies recipes to download|
|Chicken & other Recipes||Tyson food service recipes 24-50 size range.|
|Fruit and Nuts:|
|Avocado Recipes||California Avocados, food service recipes but not too large.|
|Grapes||California Grapes, a nice variety of recipes|
|Kiwi Recipes||Kiwi Info and Recipes|
|Pears||Pear Bureau Northwest, a few recipes.|
|Prune Recipes||California Prunes,80+ large & fat reduced high fiber recipes|
|Raisins||California Raisins, recipes for 80 servings|
|Baking & Baking Formulas:|
|Bakery Formulas||Progressive Baker, breads and pastries|
|Baking Formulas||Pastry Chef Central, pizza, rolls and much more|
|Blueberry Formulas||Baking with blueberries recipes for 100 or so|
|Chocolate Recipes||Hershey's Chocolate Recipes, just a few recipes here.|
|Flax Bread Formulas||Flaxseed Council of Canada|
|Berry Recipes||Oregon Berries, raspberry and blackberry recipes|
|Eggs||American Egg Board, recipes to serve 24|
|Eggs||Canadian Egg Marketing Board several recipes for up to 24|
|Honey & Sweets:|
|Candy Recipes||Peters Chocolate big recipes for candy|
|Honey||40 recipes with a golden touch|
|Seafood & Fish:|
|Fish||Alaska Seafood, large quantity recipes|
|Grains & Vegetarian:|
|Beans & Rice||Indian Harvest, small and large recipes including a vegetarian burger|
|Lentils & Peas||US Dry Pea & Lentil Council, for 24, they look yummy!|
|Soy Enhanced Meals||United Soya Bean Board, 8 large main meal recipes|
|Vegetarian||3 recipes to serve 100 and possibly more recipes|
|Italian Polly-o Cheese||Several recipes for 50 servings|
|Kikkoman||A variety of foodservice recipes|
|Mediterranean Olives||Mediterranean Lindsay Olives, lots of recipes for 24 servings|
|Large Serving Recipes:|
|Ellen's Kitchen||Recipes for 25-50 and lots of tips, some breakfasts|
Recipes by Gina - Recipe of the Moment
Blue Cheese Bison Burger
- 5 lbs. Ground Bison
- 5 tsp Olive Oil
- 2½ cups Chopped Red Onions
- 5 cup Chopped Mushrooms
- 1½ cups Diana's Barbecue Sauce
- 15 ounces Blue Cheese
- Ground Black Pepper & Sea Salt to taste
- Clean and oil grill.
- Preheat to medium high.
- Warm olive oil in a pan over med-high heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms and sauté until soft and tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide bison into 30 equal sections and press flat.
- Make a small well in 15 pattys and add approximately 1tbsp of veggies and 1oz of blue cheese to each.
- Slice your blue cheese to flat chunks as to allow the burger to cook more evenly.
- Place the other pattys on top of the filled pattys and press to seal.
- Brush barbeque sauce over the top of each burger and season with freshly ground pepper and sea salt.
- Grill over direct heat 7 minutes on the first side and then 3-4 minutes on second side (for med-med/well).
- Keep brushing on barbeque sauce while grilling.
- Serve on a bun or wrapped in lettuce with condiments of your choice: lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, Frank's hot sauce and other.