Hydro-One : Small Business Programs
Ontario Hydro has recently created these innovative programs for Small Business users.
Concidering the cost of energy and the relatively high use of electricity in the restaurant and food preperation business, you might find it worth while to investigate these programs by following the links to Hydro One's website and having a read!
Now, more than ever, businesses in Ontario are looking for ways to save costs and be more energy efficient. That's where the SMALL BUSINESS LIGHTING Program comes in. Under this program, qualifying businesses can get up to $1,000 (plus tax) worth in free energy efficient lighting and equipment upgrades.
Reducing peak demand, saving energy, and improving your bottom line. What is the Demand Response Program? Periods of peak demand drive up the price of electricity, put a strain on the electricity grid, and affect its reliability. The DEMAND RESPONSE PROGRAM is designed to compensate participating businesses. All you have to do is reduce your energy consumption when you receive periodic activation notices. You’ll earn a significant monthly payment for taking part, and you’ll save on your direct energy costs at the same time.
The save ON energy RETROFIT PROGRAM offers you financial incentive to adopt more energy-efficient technologies and improve your bottom line. Participate and Save. The RETROFIT PROGRAM provides financial incentives for replacing inefficient existing equipment with high efficiency equipment that will improve the efficiency of your operational procedures and processes.
Recipes by Gina - Recipe of the Moment
- 2 cups all-purpose flour #09160
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar #09565
- 3/4 cup butter, softened #44115
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar #09603
- 1/2 cup honey #12876
- 2/3 cup butter #44115
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream #44166
- 3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans #11697
- Sift together 2 cups flour and 2/3 cup powdered sugar.
- Cut in 3/4 cup softened butter using a pastry blender or fork just until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Pat mixture on bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool.
- Bring brown sugar, honey, 2/3 cup butter, and whipping cream to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in pecans, and pour hot filling into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Cool completely before cutting into 2-inch squares.
- Makes about 28 squares