Hydro-One : Small Business Programs
Ontario Hydro has recently created these innovative programs for Small Business users.
Concidering the cost of energy and the relatively high use of electricity in the restaurant and food preperation business, you might find it worth while to investigate these programs by following the links to Hydro One's website and having a read!
Now, more than ever, businesses in Ontario are looking for ways to save costs and be more energy efficient. That's where the SMALL BUSINESS LIGHTING Program comes in. Under this program, qualifying businesses can get up to $1,000 (plus tax) worth in free energy efficient lighting and equipment upgrades.
Reducing peak demand, saving energy, and improving your bottom line. What is the Demand Response Program? Periods of peak demand drive up the price of electricity, put a strain on the electricity grid, and affect its reliability. The DEMAND RESPONSE PROGRAM is designed to compensate participating businesses. All you have to do is reduce your energy consumption when you receive periodic activation notices. You’ll earn a significant monthly payment for taking part, and you’ll save on your direct energy costs at the same time.
The save ON energy RETROFIT PROGRAM offers you financial incentive to adopt more energy-efficient technologies and improve your bottom line. Participate and Save. The RETROFIT PROGRAM provides financial incentives for replacing inefficient existing equipment with high efficiency equipment that will improve the efficiency of your operational procedures and processes.
Recipes by Gina - Recipe of the Moment
Smoked Cheddar, Lettuce & Tomato Sandwich
- 2oz of smoked cheddar cheese #20620
- 2oz of cream cheese #20815
- 1 tbsp of butter #44115
- A handful of arugula lettuce
- 3-4 tomato slices #87054
- Multi-Grain demi baguette or pretzel bun #36625
- In a food processor mix together the cheeses, butter and arugula. Mix together until it becomes a puree.
- Spread a generous amount of the cheese puree onto both sides of the bread. Layer the tomato slices in the bottom half and top with the other bread half.
- Press in a Panini press or a grill for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.