Backing Up to Blu-Ray - Might be Your Answer
Remember when a writable DVD was big news. 4.5 Gigs of backup storage, fast, efficient. cheap. Well back then cameras took smaller pics and we weren't loading 10's of Gigabytes of movies, videos and music on our computers. Today you can fill a DVD disk pretty quick.
Blu-Ray writers came out a few years ago but the price was higher than most people cared to spend. Today the price of Blu-Ray writes has fallen to the point where you have to ask yourself why don't I have one yet?
A Blu-Ray writer will put approx 23.5 gigs of data on a single disk. That's almost 6 times more than a DVD. Add a piece of software that runs scheduled backups and a re-writable Blu-Ray disk and you have a practical backup solution that might just be the ticket. One such piece of software that I use is called Backup4ALL. The web address of the company that produces and sells the product is www.backup4all.com
In the end, the most important thing about having a backup strategy is to have a backup strategy. However it goes without saying that strategies some are better than others. Backing up to a Blu-Ray drive is a pretty good one if the size is suitable to your backup requirements. I met one person who's backup strategy was that the computer was new and came with a warranty, good luck with that one.
Recipes by Gina - Recipe of the Moment
Spicy Rotisserie Chicken Sliders
Spicy is in, sliders are super trendy and rotisserie chicken is just plain delicious so why not combine these for a fabulous lunch special!
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken #31666
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt #44101
- 2 tbsp Hellman's mayonnaise #05165
- 2 tsp Frank's hot sauce #06450
- 1 med dill pickle, finely chopped #06711
- 2 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup jalapeno peppers, sliced #01110
- ciabatta slider buns, toasted (pre-book)
- Blend together first seven ingredients in a medium bowl. Chill for one hour.
- Layer shredded lettuce, chicken salad mix and jalapeno peppers on a toasted slider ciabatta buns.
- Serve with a side salad or soup.
- Makes 4 servings (3 sliders per serving)
You can feature a different slider for lunch each day! Try:
-BBQ pulled pork
-Teriyaki beef with peppers and onions
-Lemon pepper grilled veggie sliders
-Panini pressed grilled cheese sliders