Apple Gravy Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops #27169
- 1 tbls butter #44125
- 1 tsp salt #13791
- 1 tsp black pepper #14031
- 3 large tart apples
- 3 tbls molasses #11330
- 3 tbls flour #09125
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tbls cider vinegar
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat butter in a large heavy skillet; brown the pork chops on both sides.
- With slotted spoon or spatula, transfer pork chops to a large shallow baking dish. Peel and slice apples, and arrange over pork chops.
- Pour molasses over the pork chops and apples.
- To the drippings in the skillet, add flour and cook, stirring, until browned.
- Slowly stir in the hot water, and cook until bubbly. Add vinegar and a dash of salt.
- Pour sauce over apples and pork chops in the baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for about 1 hour.
- Serve with sweet potato and steamed green vegetables.