Stuffed Double Bone Pork Chops
- 4 double bone frenched pork chops
- OIive oil as needed
- 1 granny smith apple, cored & diced small
- 4 oz mirepoix, diced small
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 3 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 2 oz butter, melted
- 2 oz chicken stock
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Saute the apple and the mirepoix over medium heat until tender.
- Mix the mirepoix, apples, cranberries, corn bread and chicken stock together.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Using a sharp knife cut a large pocket into the pork chop and stuff each evenly with the stuffing.
- Heat a grill to med-high and the oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper and place on the grill.
- Grill for a few minutes on each side, then place the chops in the oven for approximately 18 minutes or until the tempature reaches 145 degrees.