Boardwalk Italian Beef Sandwich
- 3-lb beef-sirloin tri tip (rump roast), trimmed of visible fat
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 jar (11 or 12 oz) pepperoncini peppers, sliced (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
- 7 ounces Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 loaves Rosemary focaccia bread (Cut lengthwise in half)
- Serve with: arugula and tomato slices
- Place beef and onion in a 3 1/2-qt or larger slow-cooker.
- Add water, pepper juice, salad dressing mix and garlic. (If you have time, cover and place in the refrigerator to let beef marinate for several hours, turning occasionally.)
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Brush cut sides of rolls with some of the cooking liquid.
- Transfer beef to cutting board; slice thinly.
- Serve between bread with arugula, sliced tomatoes and sliced peppers.
**Can be made ahead for a quick lunch special.
**Leave whole and sell by weight!