Cold Pressed Italian Sandwich
- 2 Focaccia Rosemary bread
- 1/2 cup black or green olive tapenade
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar #07271
- 2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil #13736
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced spicy Italian cold cuts, such as coppa, capocolla, or hot salami
- 3 oz thinly sliced ham prosciutto #29260
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced #20767
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 leaves fresh basil, torn into bite-size pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper #14031
- Cut focaccia in half lengthwise. Spread bottom half with tapenade.
- Drizzle cut side of top half with vinegar and oil.
- Arrange salami on top of tapenade, followed by cold cuts, prosciutto, mozzarella, red pepper, and basil.
- Sprinkle with pepper to taste and place top half of loaf on filling.
- Wrap sandwich thoroughly with plastic wrap.
- Place a heavy cutting board or other flat object on top of sandwich and weight it down with a 2- to 4-lb. weight (such as a large pot or six-pack of soda).
- Let sit 30 minutes to 2 hours. Unwrap, cut and serve.
**Can be made ahead for a quick lunch
**Leave whole and sell by weight!