- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and quartered
- ¼ cup ginger, peeled and sliced
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ cup lemon juice #10262
- ½ cup soy sauce #06485
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin #13938
- 1 tbsp. ground turmeric #14097
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup canola oil #13732
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 12 Trout fillets 7-9 oz #65055
- 3 cups Peanut Sauce*
- prepared basmati rice #02171
- steamed vegetables
- In the bowl of a food processor, puree onions, ginger and garlic.
- Add lemon, soy, spices (except cilantro) and puree again until smooth.
- With the motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream to emulsify.
- Remove marinade from processor, stir in cilantro and set aside.
- Wash trout fillets and pat dry.
- Pour marinade over fillets in a bowl and toss gently to coat completely.
- Cover and refrigerate 45-50 minutes to marinate.
To Cook Each Fillet:
- To grill, on a very hot, well-oiled grill, place marinated trout fillet flesh-side-down and cook 2-3 minutes, rotating to create crosshatch marks.
- Turn fillets and finish cooking 2 minutes or until cooked through. (Trout fillets may also be broiled 4-5 minutes until golden brown and firm.)
- Plate each grilled trout fillet over 1 cup basmati rice and top with 2 Tbsp.
PEANUT SAUCE (3 cups)
- 1-½ cups Reserved marinade
- 1 cup (6 oz.) Chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup (7 oz.) Unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar Chicken stock as needed
- In a heavy saucepan combine all ingredients except chicken stock. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer 2-3 minutes. Use as directed above, adding chicken broth as needed to thin sauce to desired consistency.
- Serve accompanied by steamed vegetables, if desired.