- 12 Trout fillets boneless 7-9 oz #42441
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil #13736
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion 8 garlic cloves, minced #05225
- 3 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tsp dried oregano #14016
- 1 tsp dried basil #13870
- 4 cups drained canned diced tomatoes #00718
- 2 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese #20670
- Cooked fettuccine or other pasta
- Pat fillets dry with absorbent paper; arrange in a single layer in a large oven-proof baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, garlic, green pepper, celery, oregano, and basil.
- Sauté until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Spoon tomato mixture over fillets; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and cheese is bubbly.
- Serve over pasta.