Phyllo Asparagus Spears
- 24 asparagus spears #18100
- 6 sheets frozen phyllo, thawed #36108
- 3 tbs of melted butter
- cooking spray #13615
- 12 thin slices ham prosciutto - (about 6 ounces) #29260
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese #20690
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Steam asparagus, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a colander to cool.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on a work surface (cover the remaining phyllo with a damp clean towel).
- Brush lightly with butter.
- Cut into 4 rectangular pieces.
- Cut the asparagus spears down to 4 inch lengths.
- Place 1 piece of prosciutto on each phyllo rectangle, lining up along 1 short edge.
- Arrange an asparagus spear over the prosciutto, letting the tip lay beyond the top edge of the phyllo.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan (I like it more than most).
- Roll up and secure the edge of the phyllo with butter, if necessary.
- When rolling, leave the asparagus tip unwrapped about one inch.
- Wrap foil around the exposed asparagus tip so it doesn’t burn.
- Arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake until phyllo is golden brown, about 5-10 minutes.