Italian Sausage Soup
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (14 oz) cans beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 (14.5 oz) can great northern beans, undrained
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups spinach – packed, rinsed and torn
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a stockpot or dutch oven, brown sausage with garlic.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes and carrots, and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans with liquid and zucchini.
- Cover and simmer another 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat and add spinach.
- Replace lid allowing the heat from the soup to cook the spinach leaves.
- Soup is ready to serve after 5 minutes.