Swiss-Style Veal Scallopini
- 1 lb. 5 oz. Veal Scallopini #28150
- 9 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup white wine #10445
- 3/4 cup heavy cream #44151
- 4 tsp butter #44115
- 8 tsp flour #09125
- salt and pepper
- Sauté the scallopini pieces in very hot oil ( 1 tablespoon) browning on both sides.
- Remove the cooked scallopini from the skillet and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the hot skillet and then the mushrooms and onion.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté everything. Add the wine and cream.
- Blend in the butter, sprinkle in the flour and then stir the sauce.
- Bring to a boil and then lower the heat once the sauce has thickened.
- Add back the cooked scallopini pieces and cover with the sauce.
- Remove from heat plate and serve.