Milan-Style Brussel Sprouts
- 10 brussel sprouts, whole
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp bread crumbs [optional]
- 1/3 cup water
- salt to taste
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the sprouts to the pan and cook 2 min, with stirring, then pour in the water, cover, and simmer until the sprouts are almost tender, 5 to 7 min.
- Uncover, add a little salt, then simmer until the water evaporates completely, about 7 min.
- Add the grated cheese and bread crumbs then serve.