Turkey Oatmeal Meatballs with Spinach
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup frozen baby spinach
- 1 tsp frozen basil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 egg white
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped,
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Lb all-white-meat ground turkey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 can (26 oz) diced tomatoes, plus juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 oz whole-wheat pasta, cooked
- Heat oven to 400°. Mix oats and yogurt with 1/4 cup water in a bowl until oats begin to absorb liquid.
- Add spinach, basil, parmesan, egg white, half the garlic, salt and pepper, and stir.
- Add turkey and mix until well combined.
- Form into 16 2-inch meatballs.
- In an oven safe pan add meatballs and bake until they begin to brown, 20 to 25 minutes, turning once half way through.
- Add remaining garlic, basil sprig, tomatoes and wine.
- Cover and cook until meatballs are cooked through and sauce begins to thicken, another 20 minutes.
- Serve with cooked whole wheat pasta.
- 4 Servings.