Grilled Caesar Salad
Head to the grill for a savoury twist on Caesar salad with an interesting texture. Altering your caesar dressing for a more intense lemon zing adds to the combination of cool, crisp romaine with a hint of chard flavour. Great on it's own or beside a grilled Great Steak ribeye! Yum!
- 2 tbsp lemon juice #10210
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 tsp olive oil #13736
- 1/2 cup caesar dressing #05080
- 3 romaine hearts, sliced lengthwise in half
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese #20690
- 6 bacon strips, fried and crumbled #27148
- 1 cup croutons #07390
- 12 cherry tomatoes for garnish #83053
- Combine lemon juice, 1/4 cup of olive oil and caesar dressing in a bowl until well blended.
- Gently coat the hearts of romaine in remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 minutes, until grill marks appear and the romaine becomes wilted.
- Place the lettuce on the plate and drizzle with the dressing.
- Garnish with the shaved parmesan cheese, crumbled bacon, croutons and cherry tomatoes.