- 2 1/2 lbs medium ground beef #22378
- 5 cups dried bread cut into 1" cubes
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 6 button mushrooms, finely minced
- 1 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup finely cut parsley
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 It tomato sauce
- Soak the bread in cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except the oil and tomato sauce.
- Add bread by squeezing it in fistfuls to drain it, then blend the mixture very well, squishing it in your hands to make sure the bread blends with the meat.
- Roll the mixture between your palms into 24 meatballs. Gently place the meatballs in a pre- heated pan, constantly flipping them for about 10 mins.
- If serving without sauce, continue cooking them for 5 to 8 minutes. If serving with sauce, place them now in the sauce and simmer for 15 mins.
Great as an appetizer, a side or featured it as a main entree.