Cape Capensis with Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
The colourful array of heirloom tomatoes makes this Cape Capensis dish an eye-catching entrée.
- 2 cups baby heirloom tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 8 Toppits Basil Pop Herbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ lb green beans
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 Toppits Cape Capensis Fillets
- 1/2 cup flour for dusting
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Combine tomatoes, 1/3 cup olive oil, onion, basil cubes, salt and pepper together and set aside.
- Lightly blanch green beans for 2 to 3 minutes, drain and toss with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Season flour with salt and pepper, then lightly dust fish with flour.
- Heat oil at medium heat in frying pan. Cook fish for 2-3 minutes per side.
- To plate, put beans on plate first, place fish on beans then spoon tomato mixture over fish.
PROFIT POTENTIAL (One 5-7oz portions per entrée)
Approx. Cost - $4.08/entree
Suggested Sell - $12.99-$15.99/entrée
Profit - $8.81-$11.81/entrée
*Includes a provision of $1.45 for green beans, seasoned rice and roasted garlic butter crostini.