MAPLE FRIED CHICKEN
A tasty twist to fried chicken and an awesome summer picnic food!
Recipe provided by Monin.
INGREDIENTS (2 servings):
- 8 chicken drumsticks(or other chicken parts, such as thighs/wings etc.)
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups Monin maple spice syrup
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- all purpose flour
- Combine the buttermilk, syrup, salt and spices and mix well.
- Put the chicken into a zip-top freezer bag and pour the buttermilk mixture over, getting out as much air as possible in the process. Leave to marinate for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
- Set a deep fryer to 325°, and an oven to 350°.
Drain the chicken of the buttermilk mixture and toss into a bowl of flour to coat, shake off excess and drop each piece into the deep fryer for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the fryer and place onto a sheet tray fitted with a cooling rack and insert into the oven to finish cooking for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature has reached 165°.
- Serve with a toasted waffle and coleslaw. Serving Cost $3.22 Suggested Sell $11.99 Profit $8.77 (with a provision of 1.12 for waffle and coleslaw)