Smoky Quinoa Pilaf
Ingredients: (4 servings)
- 2 tsp olive oil (#13746)
- 1/2 cup Spanish onions
- diced (#87038)
- 2 garlic cloves minced (#87135)
- 3 tsp smoked paprika (#14024)
- 1 ½ cup white quinoa (#02193)
- 2 cups vegetable stock (#19545)
- 2 avocado halves thawed and diced (#18217)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 pinch kosher salt (#13792)
- Heat 2tsp of oil in a heavy bottom saucepan. Add onions and cook over medium heat until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook 1 more minute. Add smoked paprika, stir and cook 1 more minute.
- Add rinsed quinoa and vegetable stock and stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer 10-15 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Portion in 1/4 cup amounts until ready to make Avocado Quinoa Breakfast Burritos.
- Sprinkle the diced avocado with lime juice and a pinch of kosher salt. Mix gently and refrigerate in covered container until ready to make Avocado Quinoa Breakfast Burritos.