"The customer experience" is so important for repeat business and word of mouth advertising.
You can settle for a satisfied customer who will come in once a month or a "wowed customer"
who will think of you and return the next time they decide to eat out.
There are 7.3 million visits to restaurants daily in Ontario.
People are eating out...but are they coming back to your place?
Ordinary acts that you do everyday can be made extraordinary with a little thought.
Simple things that will make your customers remember you and your restaurant
and make them want to come back.
Tips on how to WOW a customer:
- Engage them! (It's all about them)
- Big smile..."We have been expecting your Mr. and Mrs. Powell, I have reserved your favorite table for you! or "So glad to see you again Paul, since you said you might be in town today, I asked the chef to prepare your favorite soup!"
- Create a memorable experience (something that makes them feel special and noticed).
- Pull out their chair, offer to hang their coat or open their menu for them, remember their name.
- If they are first time guests, let the owner/manager know so they can introduce themselves and invite them back!
- Come over with their usual drink order, without them having to order it.
- Extend a compliment, notice it they had a hair cut or if they are wearing something out of the ordinary.
- Offer complimentary newspapers in the morning for your customers to read.
- Invite them back! (a reason to return) - Personally invite your guests back to see you.
Recipes by Gina - Recipe of the Moment
Scallops & Hollandaise Sauce
INGREDIENTS (makes 10 servings)
- 250 mL Inspiration Hollandaise Sauce #02681
- 45 mL Butter #44140
- 15 x 10/20 Scallops drained & patted dry #42504
- 3 mL Pernod 30 mL Dry White Wine
- 30 mL Chives, finely chopped #87129
- 10 mL Pepper, freshly ground 100 mL 18% Country Style Cream #44150
- PREPARE the Inspiration Hollandaise Sauce in a pot.
- LIGHTLY brown butter in a frying pan. Add scallops and sear both sides over high heat.
- Once scallops are halfway cooked, add the Pernod and wine and reduce.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.