"The customer experience" is so important for repeat business and word of mouth advertising.
You can settle for a satisfied customer who will come in once a month or a "wowed customer"
who will think of you and return the next time they decide to eat out.
There are 7.3 million visits to restaurants daily in Ontario.
People are eating out...but are they coming back to your place?
Ordinary acts that you do everyday can be made extraordinary with a little thought.
Simple things that will make your customers remember you and your restaurant
and make them want to come back.
Tips on how to WOW a customer:
- Engage them! (It's all about them)
- Big smile..."We have been expecting your Mr. and Mrs. Powell, I have reserved your favorite table for you! or "So glad to see you again Paul, since you said you might be in town today, I asked the chef to prepare your favorite soup!"
- Create a memorable experience (something that makes them feel special and noticed).
- Pull out their chair, offer to hang their coat or open their menu for them, remember their name.
- If they are first time guests, let the owner/manager know so they can introduce themselves and invite them back!
- Come over with their usual drink order, without them having to order it.
- Extend a compliment, notice it they had a hair cut or if they are wearing something out of the ordinary.
- Offer complimentary newspapers in the morning for your customers to read.
- Invite them back! (a reason to return) - Personally invite your guests back to see you.
Recipes by Gina - Recipe of the Moment
Cape Capensis with Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
- 2 cups baby heirloom tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 8 Toppits Basil Pop Herbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ lb green beans
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 Toppits Cape Capensis Fillets
- 1/2 cup flour for dusting
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Combine tomatoes, 1/3 cup olive oil, onion, basil cubes, salt and pepper together and set aside.
- Lightly blanch green beans for 2 to 3 minutes, drain and toss with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Season flour with salt and pepper, then lightly dust fish with flour.
- Heat oil at medium heat in frying pan. Cook fish for 2-3 minutes per side.
- To plate, put beans on plate first, place fish on beans then spoon tomato mixture over fish.
PROFIT POTENTIAL (One 5-7oz portions per entrée)
Approx. Cost - $4.08/entree
Suggested Sell - $12.99-$15.99/entrée
Profit - $8.81-$11.81/entrée
*Includes a provision of $1.45 for green beans, seasoned rice and roasted garlic butter crostini.