"The customer experience" is so important for repeat business and word of mouth advertising.
You can settle for a satisfied customer who will come in once a month or a "wowed customer"
who will think of you and return the next time they decide to eat out.
There are 7.3 million visits to restaurants daily in Ontario.
People are eating out...but are they coming back to your place?
Ordinary acts that you do everyday can be made extraordinary with a little thought.
Simple things that will make your customers remember you and your restaurant
and make them want to come back.
Tips on how to WOW a customer:
- Engage them! (It's all about them)
- Big smile..."We have been expecting your Mr. and Mrs. Powell, I have reserved your favorite table for you! or "So glad to see you again Paul, since you said you might be in town today, I asked the chef to prepare your favorite soup!"
- Create a memorable experience (something that makes them feel special and noticed).
- Pull out their chair, offer to hang their coat or open their menu for them, remember their name.
- If they are first time guests, let the owner/manager know so they can introduce themselves and invite them back!
- Come over with their usual drink order, without them having to order it.
- Extend a compliment, notice it they had a hair cut or if they are wearing something out of the ordinary.
- Offer complimentary newspapers in the morning for your customers to read.
- Invite them back! (a reason to return) - Personally invite your guests back to see you.
Recipes by Gina - Recipe of the Moment
Milan-Style Brussel Sprouts
- 10 brussel sprouts, whole
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp bread crumbs [optional]
- 1/3 cup water
- salt to taste
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the sprouts to the pan and cook 2 min, with stirring, then pour in the water, cover, and simmer until the sprouts are almost tender, 5 to 7 min.
- Uncover, add a little salt, then simmer until the water evaporates completely, about 7 min.
- Add the grated cheese and bread crumbs then serve.