Smoked Cheddar Double-Baked Potatoes
- 4 large baking potatoes #87112
- 5 tbsp butter, divided #44115
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped #87040
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed #87135
- 2 tbsp whipping cream #44166
- 1 tsp salt #13790
- ½ tsp black pepper #14036
- 1 cup smoked cheddar, ½-inch cubes #20620
- paprika, as needed #14020
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 1 hour, or until tender. Let them cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the onions are soft. Set aside.
- Slice the top off the potatoes and scoop out the pulp into a medium bowl. Set the skins aside. With a potato masher, crush the potato pulp. Add the onion mixture, cream, salt, and pepper and mix well. Add the cheese and fold gently until mixed well.
- Spoon the potato mixture back into the shells. Sprinkle lightly with paprika. Put the potatoes on a baking sheet and return to the oven for 15 minutes, or until hot.