Veal with Basil Butter
- 8 3.5oz veal cutlets, pounded thin #28506
- 1/2 cup flour for dredging #09125
- 1/2 tsp salt #13791
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper #14030
- 2 Tbs butter #44110
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil #13736
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half #87053
- 1/2 cup of white wine #10445
- 1 cup chicken stock #02863
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped #87120
- Juice 1 lemon #10262
- 6 Tbs of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, mashed
- Preheat oven at 325 degree.
- Butter a large baking dish.
- In a small bowl blend together the butter, garlic and basil until smooth.
- Season the veal with salt and pepper.
- Dredge veal in the flour.
- In a large skillet sauté the veal in the butter and oil until brown.
- Place the veal in the baking dish.
- Sauté the shallots and cherry tomatoes for 2 minutes in the skillet until tender.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Pour the sauce over the veal and cover and bake for 25 minutes.
- Melt the basil butter in a small saucepan.
- Plate the veal and spoon over the basil butter over the veal and garnish with parsley and finish with squeeze of lemon juice.