Creamy Potato Soup with Sour Cream, Bacon and Chives
- 6 strips bacon #27124
- 2 cups chopped onion #87035
- 3 large cloves garlic , chopped #87135
- 4 med potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks #87113
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth #02866
- Kosher salt & black pepper (#13792 & #14030)
- 1/2 cup sour cream #44156
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese #20595
- 1/4 cup chopped chives #87129
- In a large pot, cook bacon over medium-low heat until crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Remove bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate, break into small pieces and set aside.
- Drain from the pot all but 2 tablespoons fat. Add onion and increase heat to medium. Cook until golden, about 12 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 more minute. Add potatoes and broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- With an immersion blender, puree soup until chunky-smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot, topped with bacon bits, sour cream, cheddar cheese and chives. Serves 6.