- 1 tbsp butter #44110
- 3 leeks, bulb only, sliced into rings
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced #87113
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme #14126
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram #13985
- 1 bay leaf #13875
- 5 cups chicken broth #02863
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream #44166
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- In a large stock pot melt butter over low heat.
- Add leeks and onion, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add thyme, marjoram, bay leaf and stir well.
- Cover pot and continue to cook for 12 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook, partially covered for 30 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender or food processor and cool.
- Prior to serving add cream and garnish with chives.
Approx. Cost - $1.12/serving*
Suggested Sell - $3.99-$5.99
Profit - $2.87-$4.87/serving
*Includes a provision of $0.30 for garlic crostini.