Easy Coconut Shrimp
- 2 lbs large shrimp, shelled, deveined, tail on & dried well
- 1 cup complete pancake mix (just add water)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup water 3 cups canola oil, for frying
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
Red Pepper Jelly Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 3 tbs red pepper jelly
- 2 tsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Combine complete pancake mix, curry powder and water, mix until smooth.
- Dip shrimp into pancake mix then roll in coconut. OR You may choose to add the coconut to the batter instead of rolling it, it is not as attractive but much quicker and easier.
- Fry coconut shrimp in oil, about 370° until golden.
Red Pepper Jelly Dipping Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients together and chill for 15 min. Stir and serve with coconut shrimp.