Spiced Apple Chicken
- 2 apples, cored & sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/8 tsp herbs de Provence, (see Note)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 6oz bnls/sknls chicken breasts
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- Toss apple slices with lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Heat 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the apples and cook, until tender, about 5 mins.
- Keep warm.
- Mix 1 tsp "herbs de Provence" * , salt and pepper.
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with the seasoning mixture.
- 3Heat 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp butter in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for about 2-3 mins per side or until no longer pink in the center.
- Remove to a platter.
- Add broth, lemon zest, the remaining 1/8 tsp herbs and any accumulated juices from the chicken to the pan.
- Cook, stirring to scrape up any browned bits, until slightly reduced, about 3 mins.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve with the sautéed apples.
- Serve with Rice and Roasted Squash
*Note: Herbes de Provence is a mixture of dried herbs used in the south of France. Mix 1 tbsp each of dried thyme, rosemary, oregano, marjoram and savory in a small jar.
PROFIT POTENTIAL (meal for four)
Approx. Cost - $8.93
Suggested Sell - $24.99 - $27.99
Profit - $16.06 - $19.06
*Did not Include a provision of $1.80 for potential take-out containers