Casserole Primavera (Compliments of Stanislaus)
Cousin Lilia Muzio celebrates the coming of spring (primavera) with this favourite, featuring
the first asparagus from the family farm and homemade sausage from the family cellar.
- 2 pounds Italian sausage, casings removed and sliced 1" thick
- 8 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups 74-40® tomato strips (undrained) #00690
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup seasoned croutons (optional)
- In 8-quart saucepan over medium heat, brown sausage.
- Drain excess drippings.
- Add potatoes, asparagus,onions and 74-40® tomato strips.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 30 to 40 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with croutons, cover and heat 5 minutes. Makes 8 servings.