Amaretto Cream with Whipped Coffee Crème Anglaise
Layers of nutty, creamy, coffee flavoured custard like dessert, both cost effective and beautiful for Valentine's Day. Recipe compliments of Rich's.
INGREDIENTS : (24 servings)
- 2 ea Rich’s premium custard bases
- 25 oz almond cake and pastry filling
- 24 oz Rich’s whip topping
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granulates
- 24 fl. oz Kahlua
- ½ cup sliced almonds toasted
- In large, heavy sauce pan, combine 48 ounces (1 ½ cartons) Rich's premium custard base and the almond cake and pastry filling (25 ounces is 2x12.5-ounce cans).
- Stir to combine and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- When mixture boils, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour an equal amount into each of 24 martini glasses (or other serving dish of your choice) and chill.
- As dessert chills, combine Rich's whip topping liquid, the remaining 16 ounces of the premium custard base, instant coffee powder and almond extract.
- Allow coffee to dissolve. Whip until soft peaks form.
- When ready to serve, pour 1 ounce of Kahlua in each dessert.
- Top each dessert with an equal serving of the whipped coffee crème anglaise and 1 teaspoon sliced, toasted almonds and serve.