Rosemary and Parmesan Crusted Veal Chop
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups Japanese panko crumbs
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tbs chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt, pepper
- 6 large veal chops
- In a medium bowl, stir together butter, panko crumbs, cheese, onion and rosemary.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste.
- Sprinkle each cutlet with one-fourth teaspoon salt and a good pinch of pepper.
- Place the cutlets on the grill rack.
- Cook, turning them once, for 5 to 8 minutes (115 degrees for medium rare).
- The veal will continue to cook a little while standing after grilling.
- Distribute the crust among the chops, coating each top generously.
- Place chops in the broiler and cook until the crust is golden brown, watching carefully, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.