Lobster Corn Chowder
- 8 oz can of frozen lobster meat, thawed and chopped in large chunks #42471
- 1 tbsp olive oil #13734
- 3 cups of chicken broth #02895
- 2 cups of lobster/seafood stock #02902
- 2 cups of frozen peaches and cream corn #18167
- 3 strips of bacon, diced #27125
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small leek, chopped (white only) #87180
- 1 large carrot, diced #87055
- 3 celery stalks, diced #87016
- 1 small yellow pepper, diced #87024
- 2 cups of heavy cream #44166
- 1 cup of sherry
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, diced, 1/2" cubes #87110
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dry thyme #14125
- Garnish with chopped fresh chives #87129
- Pour chicken broth, lobster broth & wine into a large pot.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced to about 2 1/2 cups, 25 - 30 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, saute bacon, stirring occasionally until crispy and browned, 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, peppers and corn kernels and saute stirring until tender, 4 - 5 minutes.
- Add broth to Dutch oven, add cream and sherry and bring to a simmer. Stir in potatoes, return to a simmer and reduce heat to a medium-low. Cook until potatoes are tender - about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Stir in lobster meat, salt, pepper, thyme and 1/2 the chives. Cook stirring occasionally until lobster is heated through, 2 - 3 minutes. Adjust seasoning as needed.
Approx. Cost - $1.78/8oz serving
Suggested Sell - $4.99 - $6.99
Profit - $3.21 - $5.21/serving
*Includes a provision of $.35 for a slice of garlic crusty bread.