Vegetable and Veal Rollups
- 8 veal cutlets or scallopini #28150
- 12 asparagus spears, halved crosswise
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into 3-inch long spears
- 4 green onions, sliced in 3-inch lengths
- 2 tsp olive oil #13736
- 1/2 tsp each, coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth #44151
- 1/2 cup light spreadable cream cheese #20807
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp each, fresh chopped thyme and tarragon
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Arrange veal cutlets on a flat, clean surface with the narrow end facing you.
- Arrange assorted vegetables at the front of each piece of veal.
- Roll up and place seam side down on a parchment-lined, rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush all over (vegetables too) with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the centre of the oven until the veal is cooked through and vegetables are tender crisp, about 8 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, bring chicken broth to boil over medium high heat.
- Whisk in cream cheese until smooth.
- Let reduce slightly and whisk in chives, lemon zest, thyme and tarragon.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve over veal roll ups.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.