Pork Fillet with Whole Grain Mustard Sauce
- 45 ml canola oil plus - No Trans Fat #13752
- 30 g butter #44110
- 325 g onions - thinly sliced #87035
- 675 g pork tenderloin #66562
- 60 ml white wine
- 200 ml boiling water
- 15 g Rose Hill Chicken Base #02866
- 80 g whole grain mustard 10 g cornstarch #09103
- 100 ml cream #44166
- 3 tbsp coriander - freshly chopped
- salt to taste #13790
- freshly ground black pepper to taste #13877
- Place oil and butter in a pan, and cook over low heat.
- Add onions and cook until soft and translucent, but not brown.
- Trim any membrane from the pork and cut the meat across the grain into 2.5cm thick medallions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the onions from the pan and set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and quickly brown the pork on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add the wine to the pan.
- Pour water over chicken base and mix well.
- Add stock and mustard to pan and stir well.
- Return meat and onions to pan. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until pork is cooked.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the meat and onions and keep warm.
- Stir the cornstarch into the fresh cream and whisk the mixture into the cooking liquid in the pan. Simmer until sauce thickens.
- Stir in coriander and pour sauce over pork.