Cheesy Capicola Chicken
This Chicken dish has a wonderful Italian flare with the distinct flavour of capicola and provolone cheese. Feature it with roasted potatoes and vegetables, a side salad or a side of pasta.
- 8 boneless butterfly chicken breasts #58708
- 16 slices capicola #76901
- 8 slices provolone cheese #20729
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs #09039
- 2 large eggs #33520
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese #20793
- 1/2 cup oil (for frying) #13720
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly pound butterfly chicken breast to flatten evenly and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. In a separate bowl scramble the two eggs.
- Dip the chicken breast in the eggs then coat with the bread crumb mixture on both sides.
- Place 2 slices of capicola & 1 slice of provolone cheese on each chicken breast and fold over. (you may secure with a toothpicks if necessary)
- Place oil in a large sauté pan and heat on med - high. Sear the stuffed chicken breasts until lightly browned on both sides. About 2 minutes on each side.
- Set the browned chicken breasts on a baking sheet and oven bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Let chicken rest for 3 minutes then plate and serve with roasted potatoes & vegetables, a side salad or a side of pasta.
(One 8oz portions per entrée)
Approx. Cost - $5.71/entree
Suggested Sell - $16.99-$18.99/entrée
Profit - $11.28-$13.28/entrée
*Includes a provision of $1.45 for green beans,
and roasted potatoes.