Blue Cheese Bison Burger
- 5 lbs. Ground Bison
- 5 tsp Olive Oil
- 2½ cups Chopped Red Onions
- 5 cup Chopped Mushrooms
- 1½ cups Diana's Barbecue Sauce
- 15 ounces Blue Cheese
- Ground Black Pepper & Sea Salt to taste
- Clean and oil grill.
- Preheat to medium high.
- Warm olive oil in a pan over med-high heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms and sauté until soft and tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide bison into 30 equal sections and press flat.
- Make a small well in 15 pattys and add approximately 1tbsp of veggies and 1oz of blue cheese to each.
- Slice your blue cheese to flat chunks as to allow the burger to cook more evenly.
- Place the other pattys on top of the filled pattys and press to seal.
- Brush barbeque sauce over the top of each burger and season with freshly ground pepper and sea salt.
- Grill over direct heat 7 minutes on the first side and then 3-4 minutes on second side (for med-med/well).
- Keep brushing on barbeque sauce while grilling.
- Serve on a bun or wrapped in lettuce with condiments of your choice: lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, Frank's hot sauce and other.