Ahi Tuna Poke Appetizer
- 1 ea fresh garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼” fresh ginger, finely chopped
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp sambal oelek
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 ea shallot julienne sliced 1/8th
- 1 ea scallion, sliced 1/8” on a bias
- Separate white from green
- 6 leaves cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 oz Ahi tuna poke
- 2 tsp macadamia nuts, toasted & finely chopped
- ¼ each avocado, diced
DIRECTIONS: (Yield 2/3oz portions)
- Prep and mix the first 6 ingredients plus the white part of the scallions.
- Thaw the Ahi tuna completely and add to the above mixture.
- Cover & allow to sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- To plate: with a slotted spoon, place one portion in the centre of a cold plate.
- Garnish with scallion greens, chopped macadamia nuts and diced avocado.
- Serve with rice crackers.
Keeping with the trends of today, this recipe is sure to please. Recipe compliments of Export Packers.