Spicy Calamari with Bacon
- 1 1/2 lb cleaned squid
- 5 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 tsp dried hot red-pepper flakes
- Rinse squid under cold water, then pat dry between paper towels.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp, then transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Toss squid with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat fat remaining in skillet over high heat until very hot, then sauté squid with scallions and red-pepper flakes until just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve squid immediately, topped with bacon.