Cream of Brie Soup
- 1/4 cup butter #44115
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (#9125)
- 4 cups chicken stock (#2863)
- 1/2 lb Brie with the rind, cubed #20632
- 1/2 cup heavy cream #44166
- 1 tbs of green & red peppers, chopped fine
- MELT the butter in large pan, cook onions and celery until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken stock and simmer.
- Stir in the Brie cheese, and allow to melt for about 5 minutes.
- POUR the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full.
- Using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree.
- Puree until smooth, and pour into a pot.
- Heat the soup to almost simmering, pour in the cream.
- Garnish with red and green pepper strips & serve.