Indian Squid Curry
- 1 lb squid (cleaned)
- 1 tomato (cut into wedges)
- 1 can coconut milk (5.6 oz. can)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (shell peeled)
- 4 tbsp fish curry powder
- 1 tsp spice mix (fenugreek, black mustard, cumin, and fennel seeds)
- 1 sprig curry leaves (discard the stem)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 shallots (sliced thinly)
- 1 tbsp chili oil
- Salt to taste
- Rinse squid and set aside. Heat up a pot with the cooking oil and saute the shallots.
- As soon as you smell the shallots aroma, add in the squid, curry powder, curry leaves, spice seeds, and tomato wedges.
- Quick stir for 1 minute and dish out the squid and set aside (to prevent overcooking the squid).
- Add coconut milk, hard-boiled eggs, and water and bring the curry to boil for 8 minutes.
- Add the squid back in and quick boil for 1-2 minutes (before they shrink in size).
- Add chili oil and salt to taste. Serve hot with steamed rice.