Oktoberfest Sausage Dinner
- 2 lbs. smoked sausage, cut into 4" lengths
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 med. onion, cut into wedges
- 2 (16 oz.) cans sauerkraut
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 med. apples, cut into wedges
- 4-6 med. potatoes, cut in half
- Salt & pepper
- Brown sausage in butter in a 1 1/2 quart dutch oven or large casserole.
- Arrange onion, sauerkraut, apples and potatoes around sausage.
- Top with apple juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover tightly and simmer over low heat, stirring once, for 30 to 40 minutes or until potatoes test done with a fork. Garnish with parsley as desired. Serves 6.